Here is an easy way to gain FTP access to your Azure website.
- Download your publishing file from the website dashboard.
- Open FileZilla and from the dashboard paste the FTPS address into the address bar. (Always use FTPS when available). The location is on the right hand side. This is an image of mine, yours may be a different address depending on where you website is hosted in Azure.
- Open the publish file with notepad++ (or notepad). The file is going to be named YOUR-SITE-NAME.azurewebsites.net.PublishSettings.
- Your user name is the sitename\username. If your site name is contoso and your username is $contosouser in the publish file than your user name would be contoso\$contosouser in FileZilla.
- that’s it, just click connect and accept the certificate.