Wow, that has to be one of the longest blog titles ever, just look at it.
How to fix “the action cannot be completed. the name cannot be matched to a name in the address book” in Microsoft Exchange while setting up a mailbox in Outlook.
Index that google!
Anyway, here is how to fix it.
1. Login to your exchange server! duh.
2. Open adsiedit.msc (start –> run –> adsiedit.msc)
3. Navigate to DC=YOURDOMAIN –> CN=Users –> and this is the trick, right click on a user that isn’t having a problem and go to properties.
4. Find the attribute “showInAddressBook” and click remove then copy what pops up in the form field and then click cancel.
5. Now save that in a notepad file.
6. Go to the user that is having a problem and remove that same attribute and replace it with what you copied in the notepad file.
Save that forever so you never have to look up a good user again. And it will look like this.
CN=Default Global Address List,CN=All Global Address Lists,CN=Address Lists Container,CN=GearHost,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=DOMAIN,DC=MEH