Wells Fargo passwords are not case sensitive but they do offer multi-factor (2 factor) authentication. After enabling, when you login you will get a text message with a code that you need to enter in as well as your password. This is a simple and effective measure to mitigate, and should be something you use in all your accounts. Here’s how to enable it.
- Login to wells fargo online
- Click on More –> Accounts and Settings –> Profile and Settings
- Click on Manage Online settings –> Enhanced Sign On Options
- Select the bubble next to For web browsers and mobile apps and then click continue
- Follow the online instructions to send yourself a code and verify
- From now on, each time you logon you will be sent a code via text message to your phone